We have come a long way since the Club was founded in 1954 with a home on Saffron Walden Common with only 2 teams.
The Club then established its home ground at the Anglo-American Playing Fields sharing the ground with Cricket Club until 1994 when the transition of league hockey required playing on artificial surface.
After a long search we found a partner with Newport Grammar School (Joyce Frankland Academy) and raised funds together to put down an Astro turf pitch for use by the school and the Club
We were also able to build a brand-new Club house (The Wawn Pavilion) in 2004 and for the past 18 years this building has served us well.
We have been fortunate that the Academy have just built a new multi-use artificial surface so we now have two pitches. Great news for the Club as we can now play all our home games at Newport.